Here are my tips for Noche de Altares:
- Get there early! Especially if you want to find good parking. Noche de Altares starts at 1pm and it gets BUSY!
- Bring cash! Almost all the street vendors only take cash.
- Wear comfy shoes and bring a jacket/hoodie/coat. Southern California weather has been weird, it does get cooler at night.
- Bring your camera!
- La Catrina starts her procession at 4:30pm. You do not want to miss the lighting of the candles.
- Bathrooms - GCAC, OCCCA and Santora Arts Building are your best bet.
- I suggest checking out the altars in the day and again at night. Trust me, there is a difference!
El Centro Cultural de Mexico & Calacas Inc. proudly present
10th Annual Noche de Altares
Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
4th and Birch Streets,
Santa Ana, CA
Schedule of Events
1:00 pm – 1:20 pm Santa Ana Youth Skit/Kids Cumbia Class
1:25 pm – 1:55 pm Chinelos
2:00 pm – 2:40 pm Centro Ballet Folclorico
2:45 pm – 3:25 pm Mariachi de Santa Ana High School
3:35 pm – 4:20 pm Son del Centro
4:30 pm – 5:10 pm Olmeca
4:30 pm Sunset
La Catrina begins Procession & Lighting Candles
5:20 pm – 6:10 pm Santaneros
6:20 pm – 7:10 pm Banda Estrella de Michoacan
7:25 pm – 8:20 pm La Misa Negra http://www.lamisanegra.com
8:35 pm – 9:30 pm La Santa Maria http://www.lsmmusic.com
Here is a compilation of art shows from galleries we love:
Siempre Es Hoy at OCCCA
Curated by Sol Art Gallery
Bringing Out The Dead Group Show at GCS Santa Ana
Note* GCS is located on street level at the Santora Arts Building. There is a basement level that is home to The ARTbar and several other galleries. Santora Arts Building is gorgeous, it is also home to Santa Ana College Arts Gallery on the 2nd Floor. There are also other galleries on the 2nd Floor.
Tony de los Reyes at Grand Central Art Center
Shops: The ARTbar / Librería Martínez / The Road Less Traveled Store
Food: Memphis at the Santora / Lola Gaspar / Playground / Gypsy Den / Chapter One
Downtown Santa Ana
Here's a map I made of the areas for Noche de Altares and Santa Ana Art Walk. Enjoy!
View Noche de Altares / Santa Ana Art Walk in a larger map
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. We love Santa Ana Art District and support Noche de Altares and Santa Ana Art Walk.