Over 800 vendors, winner of Los Angeles Times Reader's Choice 2012 Favorite Place to Shop in SoCal, Long Beach Antique Market happens every 3rd Sunday from 6:30am-4pm. Admission is $5 but you can win passes or get a coupon on the Long Beach Antique Market site. FREE Parking. Kids under 12 FREE!
We really should have bought that Black Velvet Bob Marley painting. It was incredible.
I was walking through the aisles and reversed. Funny!
I love vintage scraps! Making ephemera packs make me happy!
OG Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other figures!
This painting gave me a Dr. Seuss vibe. Love all the frames!
I wanted some!
These pieces were so cheap! Kinda sad I passed on them!
I like booths like this! Reminds me of mine at community!
Check out photos of my July 2012 Trip to the Long Beach Antique Market
Antique / Flea Market Tips:
- Get there EARLY!
- Do not pass something up - if you want it, get it right then and there.
- Bring CASH!
- Haggle with the seller but don't lowball - don't be insulting!
- Go through all the rows and dig through crates!
- Keep an eye out for "specials"! - There were different vendors that had $1-5 boxes. I found a vintage Wonder Woman mask for $1!
- Wear comfy shoes and sunscreen! Bring snacks and drinks too, you'll be there for at least 2+ hours!
- Ask around. Most of the time, these vendors sell at the same places and have known each other for years - if you are looking for something they might have it or know someone that does!
- Go there with a budget. You know how much you want to spend total and you know how much you want to spend on certain things so stick to your budget! I have heard stories how people start saving for a few months and returning armed with a list. Be that person.